From: Shelly Lynne Summers [mailto:shelly.summers@LYCOS.COM]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 10:12 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Shredding documents

---
Good Morning:

I have a question for the group. I am newly in charge of the archives and
the records management program at a small community college. I had an
individual stop by and ask if it were possible for me to arrange to have
some of her documents shredded for her. According to the institution's
record retention schedule the items that this person has may be destroyed
after keeping them for three years in her office (these items are parking
ticket violation books from the Campus Security Office).

How do other institutions handle this type of request?

Do you arrange for the pick-up and shredding of these types of documents??

Does the shredding service fee come out of your Archives/Records Management
budget or does the office requesting this type of service pay for this
service out of their own budget?

So many questions...so little time. Thanks to any and all who can share
their experience with me on this topic--I appreciate it.

Shelly Summers
Montgomery College
301-251-7174

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at
http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html