Re: catalog cards

Greetings, Ms. Chapman;

In part, you wrote: "From my experience here and from librarians
at other institutions, old
catalog cards are prized posessions - doubt if many would give
them
up.  Some are kept for reasons of nostalgia, but in most cases I
think
it's because they make great scratch cards."

To tell the truth . . . I missed the message to which you're
replying. I can only tell you that there are certain catalog
cards preserved and made accessible which may be of importance to
folks needing them. Use them as scratch cards, but preserve them,
please.

Best regards,
Gary

Gary W. Butler