SAA Ballot in the Mail

Teresa Brinati, Director of Publications, reports that the SAA 2001 ballot
has been printed and was just delivered to the mailing house. The mailing
house will send the ballot nonprofit bulk rate, which takes 5-10 days. SAA's
individual members should therefore receive their ballots around March 12th.

If you do not receive your ballot by that time please let Jeanette Spears,
Membership Assistant, know and she will get one out to you pronto.  She can
be reached at either jspears@archivists.org or by phone 312-922-0140.  The
election is open to SAA individual members only.

The ballot will include candidates for Vice President, Council, and
Nominating Committee.  Please be sure to vote!  In the past we've had not
one but *two* ties for the office of Vice President.  After last November I
think we are all sensitized to how important one vote can be.

Ballots must be postmarked on or before April 6, 2001 or it will not be
counted.  You will also have the opportunity to write-in candidates and to
suggest nominees for the 2002 election.

Susan E. Fox, CAE
Executive Director
Society of American Archivists