Cataloging archival materials: Title field added entries?

This is a question (or maybe an issue for discussion) to those who catalog
archival materials using APPM. Well, maybe 2 questions. First, I'm wondering
if there's any way to get an idea of how many APPM catalogers devise
collection titles that include more descriptive wording than just "Papers"
or "Records" (and a date range). Next, if you do supply a more descriptive
title (for example,  Broussais C. Beck papers, 1919-1961), and you've used
the originator of the papers as your main entry (in this case, Beck,
Broussais C. in the 100 field), do you create a title added entry for your
devised title field? I.e., do you set the 1st 245 indicator code to 0 or 1?
The LC Rule Interpretations dictate that title added entries are not to be
provided for devised titles, but I'm wondering if any of you index them
nonetheless?  Are there any strong feelings about this issue?

Many thanks.

Marsha Maguire
Manuscripts and Special Collections Cataloging Librarian
University of Washington Libraries
Box 352900
Seattle, Washington  98195-2900
(206) 543-8407