Average wages in America since 1900

Does anyone know which source we could turn to for finding out average wages
of American workers, year-by-year, going back to 1900?  Census records?

Thanks!

Bill Jackson
Senior Archivist
Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Milwaukee, WI

Confidential e-mail for addressee only.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and destroy the original communication.