Fumie

I am looking for information on a fumie I recently found in a collection of
papers from a Baptist missionary who lived in Japan during the 20th century.
I know a fumie was used to test the faith of Christians by sparing the lives
of anyone who walked on it and killing those who didn't.  If anyone could
provide me with more information I would greatly appreciate it.