copyright and scale models

Good afternoon!

This is my week for esoteric questions.

One of our members asked me if copyright issues have ever been raised over
use of a company's name or logo on a scale model. He builds the models
solely for his own enjoyment or to give away, so he is not making any money
from them. My inclination was to tell him not to worry, but the more I think
about it the more inclined I am to consult the wisdom of others. Any
thoughts on this?

Thanks for all help given on this and all other questions.

Best wishes,

Thomas Berry, Archivist
Historical Construction Equipment Association
16623 Liberty Hi Road
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Phone 419-352-5616
Fax 419-352-6086