Re: Microfilm Reader

We recently purchased a Minolta MicroSP 2000 with a printer. It's very easy to use, load fiche as well as film without hassle, lenses change easily. It's also very compact, on a small cart, footprint about 30 inches wide, 36 inches deep, perhaps 48 inches tall. I'm not sure about if it will fit your need for the "handwritten" materials, but it is very adjustable for brightness. Locating it away from glare helps.

>>> Bill Jones <bjones2@CSUCHICO.EDU> 03/09 12:56 PM >>>
CSU, Chico Meriam Library Special Collections needs a new microfilm reader.
We have a great deal of filmed material that is handwritten and, so far, we
do not seem to have a reader in the Library that fits that specific
need.  Can anyone on the list recommend a good, compact size reader,
you have had experience with, that allows a patron easy readability of
filmed hand written records?  Reply to the list, if you will, others may
be interested.

Bill Jones
Special Collections
CSU, Chico