Re: Certificate of Archival Admin.

>Its been a few years since I obtained my MLS with a concentration
>in archival studies.  At that time there was (to my knowlege) to
>such thing as the Certificate of Archival Admin.  How does one go
>about obtaining same.?

Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan offers a Graduate Certificate
in Archival Administration.  It is administered through the history
department and is designed as a 12 credit program of graduate credit in
archival coursework, usually taken in conjunction with the graduate degrees
in history or library science.

Have a look at:
http://www.cla.wayne.edu/History/degrees/grads/archive.htm

They also present you with a very nice framed certificate -- I've got one
hanging on my wall.

Erik Nordberg
Michigan Tech