From: Kurilecz, Peter [mailto:peter.kurilecz@WOODSIDESUMMITGROUP.COM]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 11:28 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: What do you tell a 9-year old?

Hopefully the august members of both lists (archivist and recmgmt-l) can
help me with a dilemma. I  "volunteered" to give a career day speech to my
9-year old son's school class. I have to give the talk 4 different times and
it is to be no longer than 15 minutes. I am gathering together material to
show the class, but what I really need is information that these kids will
say "neat stuff" or "gee, I want to be an archivist/records manager when I
grow up!".

I do plan to provide them information about the neat places we all work in
-- you know --- barns, attics and other fun places and the neat critters we
have encountered, bats, pigeons, snakes, etc. Cleaning up after floods,
fires and waterleaks. You know the drill.

So any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Manager, Records Management Group
Woodside Summit Group Inc
Midlothian, Virginia