primary source literature

Using journal entries, I have conducted a little experiment with a few 4th grade classes and am looking for any related literature.  I don't have access to The American Archivist at my university and am hoping a subject index exists on line.  Does anyone know if one is available or if there are other places I might find literature on the subject of using primary source material for 8th graders and younger?

Thanks,

Rob Persons

Archivist
Roper Center for Public Opinion Research
University of Connecticut