Data Loggers

A recurrent topic is monitoring humidity, temperature, etc., in archives.
The above items may very well have been mentioned, and if so, I guess I'm
being redundant. Anyway, I received a requested mailing from Onset Computer
Corporation who puts out Data Loggers, and it looks like these loggers are
relatively affordable and have numerous applications. Size appears to also
be an added advantage. The Smithsonian, The US Holocaust Memorial Museaum,
Boston Museum of Fine Arts, The American Museum of Natural History are cited
in the promotional literature as being customers, as are many household name
companies, academic institutions, defense organizations, etc. I am in no way
endorsing this provider of data loggers, but am posting this for the
listserve's edification. NIST and ISO compliance/certification is also
discussed in the promotional literature. Some loggers can be used underwater
as well, along with lights on/off, voltages, amperage, light intensity (this
would be of value to archives), rainfall, motor on/off, lights on/off,
events, loggers.   Anyway, the products look most interesting and use
Windows-based software (which also seems relatively affordable)  to generate
readouts of the data collected.

Sharon Lee Butcher
Reference Librarian
AEDC Technical Library