A true story

Here is a little story someone sent me, and I think it is so true i wanted
to send it to all of you, my friends.

Bertie the dog boy was a very sad dog boy.
Everyone treated him badly.

And not because he wasn't handsome, because he was.
And not because he bit his playmates, because he didn't.
Everyone treated poor Bertie badly just because his coat was a little darker
and maybe just a little bit rougher than theirs.
Just because he was a little bit different everyone made fun of Bertie the
dog boy and treated him badly.

Bertie though long and hard about how to solve the problem.  He even went
down to the local pawnshop and tried out several of the handguns there.
Bertie the dog boy decided that wasn't the way to deal with the problem.
Killing people never solved any problems at all!

Instead Bertie the dog boy tried just being nice.

He smiled at everyone and said hello.  If they needed help, he volunteered.

When Bruno the dog boy's house was infested with fleas, Bertie was there
helping out.  Sure he got a few bites but it was worth it.  Bruno really
appreciated the help.

When Dutchess had her rubber bone stolen by the older dog girls Bertie
chased after them and got it back for Dutchess.

Pretty soon Bertie the dog boy was the most popular dog boy at obedience
school and all becasue he just tried to be a friend.  Bertie learned that if
you want to have a friend you must first be a friend.

What an important lesson for us all!

If there are people you want to have as friends, then be their friend first.

Maybe if you are a good friend you will send this little note to all of your
friends just to remind them how much they mean to you, and what it really
means to be a friend!

Why should we hurt each other, isn't it better when we all care for each
other?  Be a friend when others need you and you will have friends when you
need them.

I love you all!

Kimberley Johnson