EAD Implementation

Hello,

I am a graduate student pursuing degrees in history and library and
information science with a concentration in archival studies at
UW-Milwaukee.  I am working on a paper investigating alternatives to EAD
that institutions have explored and/or chosen to pursue.

I am interested in hearing from those of you who have had experience with
EAD- however great or small- particularly the decision whether or not to
implement the standard.  In what formats are your finding aids currently
published?  What, if any, barriers do you see to the implementation of EAD?
What, if any, other options to EAD has your archives explored?  What are the
major reasons your institution has/has not implemented EAD?

I would appreciate any other comments on EAD implementation including, but
not limited to, discussions of why you think it has been resisted by some
(many?) archivists, alternatives to EAD, as well as any other observations
you might like to make.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions and feel
free to contact me with any questions or comments.  I will summarize for
those of you who are interested.

Amy Schindler