Re: copyright and the public school

Christine -you have made an extremely valid point, and one that should be
given serious consideration for arguing the listserv address as the default
reply.  Anyone at SAA listening???   ttfn - Jill.

For anyone who has read this far, this post is an example of why
replies should default to the list: not just because I accidentally
send my first response to the wrong person, but because several people
gave (non-legal) opinions that it would be all right to film the
school play, which were incorrect. If replies go only to the person
who initiated the question, that person might get incorrect
information that might cause them problems. If replies go to the list,
people who can correct that information will see them and respond,
possibly saving the requestor time, money or keeping them from
damaging their collections.