Re: DIG35 Standard

Is anyone out there using DIG35 as a way to build access to image
libraries?
Seems like it may be too simplistic to be of great use, but still I'm
wondering.

> Metadata is nothing new in computing or even in photography, but it's
> especially easy to use when available in a standard format. Therefore,
> change came when the Digital Imaging Group
> <http://www.digitalimaging.org>, a consortium that includes Canon ,
> Eastman , and others, created the DIG35 standard, a standard simple and
> universal enough to succeed where proprietary metadata systems and EXIF,
> the current industry standard, failed.

The following web site has a brief explanation of the technology.

http://www.business2.com/content/channels/technology/2001/03/26/28468

Richard Veazey

--
Richard Veazey                      Phone: 907-474-6344
Photography Manager                 Fax  : 907-474-6365