What do you say? ...follow-up

After reading the reflections of others encountering similar situations, it's
embarrassing to admit that my particular story is actually pretty tame...

The key issue being that the inquirer was high on the boss's "hit up for
dollars" list.  Anyone like that is someone the boss gets paid the big bucks
to handle.  This is something that could vary according to the organization,
but if you have others in place who get paid big bucks to do the donor
relations thing, I'd say, give them the hot potatoes and let them earn it...

So I wimped out and passed the buck on that one.  Assembled the info and
passed it on to be relayed by appropriate channels.

But that's not to say I can always do that.  As so many of you have already
noted, sometimes we're just plain stuck with the dirty work.  And in reading
but at any rate, just sticking to the facts is hard for anyone to argue with.)

Holly Hodges

(Aren't I brazen to "dare" anyone with such a wet noodle of a story?)