From: Melissa Mannon [mailto:melissa@MANNON.ORG]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 3:28 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: microfilm scanners

Hello everyone -

I'm trying to find information on microfilm scanners.  I have found a great
bit of information on this web page
http://www.cdwg.com/generate/shop/search/results.asp?
ID=1722&grp=SFL&Product=188870
but from what I am understanding, these machines can not handle a complete
roll of film.  I think the most that any of them can handle is 40 frames of
film at a time.  I'm thinking that this means I would need to cut the film
in order to use these machines and, of course, I don't want to do that.

Am I misinterpreting what I'm reading?  Are there other machines that would
be more suitable for these purposes?  Does anyone have any experience
scanning microfilm?

Your assistance, as always, is greatly appreciated.  Have a very nice
weekend!  Happy skiing for those of you in the northeast!  (I'm very ready
for spring.  SIGH!)

Melissa Mannon
Archives Consultant