From: bounce-forum-l-2194@lists.NationalTrust.org
[mailto:bounce-forum-l-2194@lists.NationalTrust.org] On Behalf Of Kara
Hamley O'Donnell
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 9:44 AM
To: forum-l@lists.NationalTrust.org
Subject: [forum-l] ladybugs in historic building

Last summer we completed restoration of our 2 room schoolhouse for use as a
historical museum/preservation resource center.  In fall, and again
recently, there's been a ladybug infestation (we're talking hundreds and
hundreds).  They're cute and all, but I'm worried they might damage some of
our irreplaceable old documents (plus if you step on them they leave red dye
on the wood floors!)

As an old building, there are lots of little gaps where it's easy for them
to get in.  Are they harmless or potentially harmful to my documents?
Anybody have any ideas of how to get rid of them?

Archivist
Sacramento Archives and Museum Collection Center
551 Sequoia Pacific Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95814
916-264-7072