Francis Plaisted King bio info

Hello group -

A patron is looking for additional biographical information for Francis
Plaisted King, b. 1867 in Portland, Maine, received bachelor's degree from
Colby University in 1890, received PhD from Johns Hopkins University in
1897.
He was an assistant geologist with USGS geologists Arnold Hague and
Thomas Jaggar on their 1897 trip to Yellowstone National Park.

He has been checking in the regular biographical sources, and has visited
Yellowstone.  I've checked the new inventory to USGS records at the
National
 Archives in College Park, MD with nothing found.  Via GOOGLE.com I did
find
a Francis P. King, Assistant Geologist, as coauthor of an article on the
history
of gold in Georgia, published in Bulletin 4-A of the Georgia Geologic
Survey in 1896
and, listed in GeoREF -  Francis Plaisted King published a bulletin on
corundum deposits for the Georgia Survey in 1894.

Any suggestions and/or information would be appreciated.
Thanks

Carol Edwards

Carol A. Edwards
USGS Field Records Library