Re: college archivists - a question

We define our "Rare Books Collection" as materials which, in the joint
opinion of the Library's collection development people and Special
Collections, require safeguarding and transfer from the general
collection.

Some materials that don't quite meet our criteria have been transferred to
Reserve, where they are given a slightly larger measure of protection
than on the open shelves.

   ---Terry

Terry Abraham   Special Collections, University of Idaho
<http://www.lib.uidaho.edu/special-collections/>