Re: Krispy Kreme Archive

At 04:51 PM 04/12/2001 -0400, Brian Keough wrote:
>How about moving this discussion into the wonderful world of Archives?
>In the summer of 1997, while working as a Lemelson Intern in the Archives Center at the National Museum of American History in D.C., I was fortunate to witness the acquisition of the records and artifacts of the Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation, including an early doughnut-making machine. The interns at the Archives Center (you know who you are) treated the full-time staff to dozens of Krispy Kreme to celebrate this auspicious occasion. Ah,
>the fruits of our labor.
>Brian

Okay, I'll bite.  I'm one of those interns, and I even have photos from the occasion Brian speaks of.
No, I won't post them for you, but the finding aid for the Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation Records
is located at  http://americanhistory.si.edu/archives/d9594t.htm

All this doughnut talk is making me hungry.  Luckily, my local Krispy Kreme shop is only 6 miles from here. . .

Margie

_____________________________________
Margaret A. Compton
Assistant Photo Curator
Special Collections - Margaret Herrick Library
Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences
333 S. La Cienega Blvd.
Beverly Hills, California 90211
Phone:  310-247-3036, Ext. 266
Fax:  310-657-5193