From: STEVEN P. FISHER <sfisher@DU.EDU>
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU <ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU>
Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 10:28 AM
Subject: [ARCHIVES] Correcting a dissertation?

  A student who earned his PhD here recently went back and corrected
"errors" in his dissertation and wants to replace the copy deposited in
our library with a new one. The graduate office is ok with this. Perhaps I
am just feeling grumpy this morning, but it seems to me that the copy
originally submitted, and for which he was granted the degree, should
stand as the library copy. If I am just being an old grump I will admit
the error of my ways, take the new one, give him back the original copy,
and move on.

Comments? This is a new one on me ....

Steve Fisher
University of Denver