Survey

Dear listserv members:

I am conducting an informal survey to help determine the perceived
effectiveness of regional archival organizations in providing continuing
education.  If you are interested, please answer the following eight
questions.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Please respond off-line.

Sarah Payne
Graduate Student
University of Wyoming

Please mark the appropriate answer in the space provided.

1.  Your age:
       ___under 25     ___25-30        ___30-35        ___35-40        ___40+

2.  Please indicate your level of pre-appointment education:
       __BA    __MA w/o archival courses       __MA with archival courses      __MAS/MLS

3.  Number of years as archivist:
       ___0-3           ___ 5-8                 ___5-10                ___10+

4.  Please indicate the type of institution at which you work:
       ___university/college      ___government            ___private   ___other

5.  I am satisfied with continuing education programs offered by regional
professional organizations in my area:
       ___strongly agree  ___agree     ___don't know      ___disagree  ___strongly
disagree

6.  Number of continuing education workshop, seminars, etc. attended:
       ___1-3        ___4-6     ___7-10    ___10+

7.  Programs offered by local and regional professional organizations in my
area are aimed mostly at:
       ___fundamental archival knowledge (basic theory and methodology of
arrangement/description, appraisal, reference, etc)
       ___advanced or specialized knowledge

8.  I am most interested in continued education that addresses:
       ___basic archival concepts and functions (fundamentals of appraisal,
arrangement and description, preservation, reference services,
administration of access, and outreach)
       ___specialized training (examples: preservation of a particular medium)