Eleanor Hodgman Porter

Folks:

I have a patron searching for information, possibly correspondence,
scrapbooks, membership memorabilia and ephemera, related to the "Pollyanna
Clubs" or "Glad Clubs" that grew from the fan following of Eleanor
Hodgman Porter (1868-1920), author of "Pollyanna."

We have searched OCLC; RLIN; and  major search engines.

The patron seeks the correspondence of the "fans" rather than that between
Miss Porter and her publishers, or husband. He is aware of several
collections of her papers, including manuscripts at the University of
Virginia; Dartmouth College, and other "scattered Archives," but has been
unable to ascertain if Miss Porter's "fan mail" survived for preservation.
He is particularly interested in the "development of the Glad Clubs"
through the correspondence, he believes to be vast, among Miss Porter's
fans.

He also would be interested in contact with individuals who may have
knowledge of family members who belonged to these "Glad Clubs." All of
this is for scholarly research.

Should you have or know of any collections of this "fan" material, please
contact me at kdelaney@acsu.buffalo.edu

Many thanks,

Kathleen M. DeLaney
Assistant Librarian/ Archivist