thanks--re NARA, archivists & historians

Thanks to those of you who replied off-list to me about the NARA/recordkeeping/historians/archivists issue!  And I've enjoyed the Gunga Din/movie/tv buff postings as well--they've added some light notes to a busy day.  So far no one seems to have found a List that serves historians and archivists jointly.  If you do, please let me know.  I've also searched recently for articles or conference presentations that deal with some current records issues from the historian's and archivist's viewpoints (public access challenges; legislative mandates and declassification; electronic archiving; the impact on offices of the disappearance of clerk typists/file clerks and secretaries; seeming caution in documentation due to the apparent chilling effect of the Microsoft litigation or fears of investigations, leaks, or improper disclosures, etc.)  So far I haven't found many.  If anyone sees articles along these lines, please post to the List!  Based on my experiences, I rather doubt many ac!
ademic historians are going to t
ackle these issues--they seem more narrowly focused on their individual book contracts and deadlines, their own document requests, etc.  I suspect we public sector employees will have to struggle through most of these issues on our own.  BTW, I occasionally see authors acknowledge their great dependence on archivists while doing research (acknowledgements in the Nixon books by Steve Ambrose and Stanley Kutler come to mind), but this doesn't happen nearly often enough!
Maarja Krusten
Maarja@aol.com