Microfilm v. originals

Casey Greene wrote:

>  Oversize items, such as mortuary
> registers, we are in the process of microfilming to reduce wear and tear
> on the original volumes.

May I also take a moment to add that we ARE keeping the originals after
microfilming and have had nothing but compliments from our patrons when they
use the microfilm instead of the original.  They are usually so happy that
they are allowed to make a photocopy (from the film) that they don't mind
that they are not handling the original!

Shelly Henley Kelly
Archivist
Galveston & Texas History Center
Rosenberg Library