Newspaper clippings

I need help in dealing with newspaper clippings.

Through out this archive newspaper clippings have been placed with
documents.  Though relevant to the documents in some way, they are folded
numerous times, brittle, and causing damage to documents.  Also there are
quite a few of the clippings that do not have dates or the name of the
newspaper from which they were clipped.

I have been separating them from documents with acid free buffer paper but
this is expensive and my budget is very tight.  I have even thought of
removing them from the document files an placing them in separate
containers with notations in files.  Most cases follow these examples:

Newspaper obituary notices with memorials, letters of condolences etc.
Newspaper articles with documents on a major financial campaign.

Thank you
Barbara O'Brien
Archivist
Hoover Library