School Archives and volunteers

the following message comes from the archives-nra listserv in the UK. A
second former is equivalent to our 8th grade. Any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated I'm sure. The requester is not a subscriber to this list so
please do not respond to me or the list but rather to the email address below.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dear listserv members
I am a school archivist at Bristol Cathedral School. I have been asked if a
couple of second formers from the history club can volunteer in the
archives. I am very keen on getting the archives more well known than it
already is but I am a little worried about what I can get them to do. They
seem really keen but I don't know what things I should and should not let
them do - bearing in mind all the confidentiality aspects and fragile
material and ethics etc. Has anybody got any ideas? Are there any other
school archivists out there by the way?
Thankyou,
Karen Wintle
Bristol Cathedral School