How to collaborate with our city public libraries archives advocates.

Sent To: archives@listserv.muohio.edu

Frances Gould, Public Records Division and MHRAB
fgould@sec.state.ma.us

John Warner, State Archivist
john.warner@sec.state.ma.us
Massachusetts Historical Records Advisory Board

William Milhomme, MHRAB
william.milhomme@sec.state.ma.us

Thank you for your interest in discussing difficulties
 with our Massachusetts Historical Records Advisory
 Board Bill Milhomme!

In preparing a web log about our city public library's
 social sciences department curatorial work, it will be
 possible to chronicle the lack of attention to a
 signal intellectual freedom matter. It's effect
 of delivery of services deters and deflects the very
 people for whom services need to be better designed.

As a curator, MHRAB's Mary Frances O'Brien's denial of
 service at our Regional and Massachusetts Library of
 Last Recourse City of Boston Public Library Social
 Sciences Department Reference Desk is signal in that
 the very expertise that is used to thwart the public
 should have been used finding alternate ways for
 people to get the information they ask about.

BPL Departmental curatorial reports are legitimately
 public and the department curator has responsibility
 for disclosing the report
 http://www.state.ma.us/sec/arc/arcaac/aacinfo.htm

Institutional culture can facilitate or create a manner
 that deflects communities constituencies.

Boston Public Library Social Sciences Department
 Reference Desk Services could do more to facilitate
 access to information removing any barriers.

Our Regional and Massachusetts Library of Last Recourse
 City of Boston Public Library Departments use enormous
 energies outlining too many restrictions and
 limitations for public library users and even other
 Boston Public Library personnel. Certainly there
 should be proportionally greater energies being
 devoted to getting information in the hands of
 readers. Yet at BPL it is not the case. It is after
 all a public library.

How to open our City Hall, city governing authorities
 and our city public libraries to enquiry about matters
 of city operations, even library operations, is as
 valid a study as any.

Making City Hall and even our city public libraries
 operations more transparent to those with interest
 to ask is admirable in idea and practice.

oo__ dWs

Guide to Problematical Library Use

    Contents
http://GuideToProblematicalLibraryUse.WebLogs.com/stories