Re: Das Kapital vs Mein Kampf

Indeed.  I woke up in the middle of the night, metaphorically slapped my forehead ... planned to send an "oops" message ... but hasten to point out that the main message re: primary and secondary sources  is still the same!  Both Mein Kamf and Das Kapital were originally intended as analyses of events and secondary sources ... but are now very often regarded as primary sources for various other researchers.

Sally Gibson

>>> Fard elbarzak <fardelbarzak@YAHOO.COM> 05/17/01 08:37am >>>
 It's actually later in the day than you think.  :-)

 Mein Kampf is Hitler's book.  Das Kapital is Marx's.

 A History of the Third Reich written today would be
 a secondary
 source. Hitler's Das Kapital would, by now, be a
 primary source of
 Nazism.  (I don't know why these particular examples
 come to mind,
 but, as you say, it's late in the day.)