Newspapers, morgues, clippings and the rant

A good discussion...one more thing: anyone who thinks that newspaper
photographs can be found in the paper's morgue may be in for a rude shock.
Decades of photographs and other information were discarded by the major
daily in Morris County when a "consultant" advised them to get rid of all
that old stuff.  We have gone so far as to track down known photographers,
but many don't keep good files and can't find their old photos.  Redundancy
is a good idea if you can afford it--volunteers copy our clippings.  They
find it easy and enjoyable.
Mary Prendergast
Harding Twp. Historical Society, New Vernon, NJ