Stop Cheney

I've never replied to the listserv before but I was
compelled to say something today.  While I understand
that the listserv should be for professional issues
only, sometimes it is important to bring up issues
outside of the archives world.  Especially when it
affects all of us.  There are a whole host of reasons
why the energy policy proposed by Cheney and Bush
could have an adverse affect on the archive
profession.  Everything from conservation of documents
to the feasibility of storing documents on a digital
data base could change because of the new policy plan.
 I mean, if rolling black outs start moving across the
country, digitizing documents might not make sense.
The point is, politics matter and there are more
constructive ways to steer the conversation toward
more specific archival concerns than just out right
chastising people, getting personal and calling people
names.  Politics stir people's emotions, there's no
doubt about it.  But do we really have to belittle
each other in order to get our points across?

Kim Dixon