Re: Archives closing for lunch

Connie,
Our director is just the opposite - not wanting to close for lunch, but
then again we don't have staff that fill in when the two of us are gone.
As described on our web page
http://mero.lib.wfubmc.edu/archives/index.htm, we close at indefinite
times and ALWAYS put a sign on the door of when we will return, number
to call, etc.

We are pretty good about letting our patrons (not very many of them)
know ahead of time if we will be closed, such as a library staff
meeting. There have been a few complaints but  you can't satisfy
everybody and I have encountered one person actually waiting by the door
when I returned from lunch one day. She only waited about 10 minutes.

Hope this helps,
Dianne