Cabinets against outer wall

In our Special Collections room the metal file cabinets we use to store vertical files and archival files are placed against an outside concrete block wall.  I have a chance to move the cabinets to an inner wall and shift the book shelves in the room, leaving a space of three feet between the outer wall and the first range of book shelving.  Please let me know if you think it is important to get the file cabinets away from that outer wall.  I would really appreciate some feed back on this.The microfilm cabinets are also against the outer wall, but we have no way to move them.

Thank you,

Vonnie Shelton
Special Collections
McCracken County Public Library