archival education

Greetings to all,

I am in the process of completing my MLS, and I am currently enrolled in a dual masters program with Information Science at Indiana University.  I am interested in becoming an archivist, but was wondering if someone might have some advice as to whether a MA in History would be more useful rather than one in IS.  I am also doing a Specialization in Special Collections and I am considering a Minor in History, but would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks,

Harrison Wick

Preservation Department

Indiana University