Friday Funnies - misunderstood careers

Archivists love comparing notes about how people don't understand what we
do for a living.  My favorite story is about the child who keeps trying to
explain what his father does & finally  declares "My dad is a
fireman."  Turns out we are in good company.  Our wonderfully, energetic
President of LaGrange College went to his son's graduation from pre-K
yesterday.  The kids performed a couple of new songs, including one with
"solos" spotlighting one of their parents jobs - to the effect of "My
mother is a baker, my mother is a baker, and she does ...."  Then they show
what she does.  The Pres's son gets up with a paper grocery bag and sings
"My father is a trash man, my father is a trash man, ..."  Of course the
Pres was right up front with the video camera with no clue where that came
from!  At least we're in good company with our misunderstood profession!
SIncerely,
Kaye Lanning Minchew
Troup County Archives
136 Main Street, P.O. Box 1051