Alexander M. Bowdle

I have a colleague who is looking for information on Alexander M. Bowdle
(1849 - 1893), and we would appreciate your help and suggestions. She has
done quite a bit of research on him in our local newspaper and through our
local and state historical societies. In addition to information about him,
she is hoping to find some photographs. Here are the details of what she has
learned:

He was born in Van Wert County, Ohio, in 1849.
Alexander married Amanda M. Reynolds, a Methodist preacher's daughter, on
Nov. 7, 1872, at Brighton, Iowa.
They had one child, Ralph R. Bowdle, born June 25, 1876.
They moved to Mitchell, South Dakota in 1882.
Alexander Bowdle was a land purchasing agent for the CMStP&P Railroad. (My
friend is wondering if this stands for Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Peoria
Railroad.)
The railroad named the town of Bowdle, South Dakota, after him.
He died in Mitchell, South Dakota, in June 1893. His remains were originally
buried here, but then they were disinterred and buried in Toledo, Ohio, in
1894.
He had a brother, J.A. Bowdle, who at some time resided in Hebron, Nebraska.

We are wondering if the railroad connection would be of any help in learning
more about him.

If you have any advice or information, please reply to me, and I will
forward the information to her.

Thanks in advance.

Laurie

Laurie Langland