institutional historian

Does anyone have in place at their institution or know of an institution
that does have an official historian who is responsible for producing a
written history and/or oral histories?  (The job matching this rough
description might very well be connected with their archives.)  If so,
would you be willing to share the job description and a salary range for
such a position?  Where would we best direct our recruitment efforts?
Please address all replies to me at:  <porte004@mc.duke.edu>
Thanks for your help.

Suzanne Porter
Curator