-Please forward to Bill Taylor Collections Committee BPL Board: Minutes

-Please forward to Bill Taylor  Collections Committee

Reply To
dsaklad@gnu.org

Dear Bill Taylor,

Please arrange for me to read minutes of Boston Public
Library Departments Board Collections Committee for the
last and previous meetings via BPL web links
http://www.bpl.org/WWW/trusteeindex.html
http://www.bpl.org/WWW/trustees.html

Or send the minutes via email dsaklad@gnu.org

Would you improve citizen access by removing the
barriers to public participation in long range planning
of a more open city government including public
participation in long range planning for our public
library departments?...

Our BPL has been diverting, censoring its very own
reports on itself with an obstacle course of Reference
Desks that deny responsive access to BPL reports with
supervisory, managerial and executive red tape contrary
to intellectual freedom principles like
The Library Bill of Rights
http://www.ala.org/work/freedom/lbr.html

and Reference Desk guidelines
Guidelines for Behavioral Performance of Reference and
Information Services Professionals
http://www.ala.org/rusa/stnd_behavior.html

Kind regards,
Don Warner Saklad

Guide to Problematical Boston Public Library Use
http://www.geocities.com/dsaklad/specialcollectionsbpl.html

tel. 617.661.9650
email:
dsaklad@gnu.org