Genealogy Article

     I'm sure it will turn up on Peter's next RAIN posting but there is an
     interesting article in the Wall Street Journal today about
     genealogists running into embarrassing problems in their family
     histories.  We talked about this kind of thing a few weeks ago so I
     thought some of you might be interested. One thing it mentions is that
     you can now buy kits to test your DNA with that of possible
     relatives--one man apparently found a match with someone who he
     believes shares an ancestor who lived around 1400.  I had no idea DNA
     matches could go back so far.  It made me wonder if any repositories
     out there are getting requests to use artifacts for DNA testing
     purposes?

     Jen Rawlings
     Archivist
     Jefferson National Expansion Memorial