From: Jo Myler [mailto:cmyler@TEXAS.NET]
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2001 12:58 PM
To: Archives & Archivists
Cc: Dostie, Arthur
Subject: Microfilm reader-printers

    We have been asked by our administration to provide information and
specifications for replacement microfilm reader/printers.  We would like
to hear any comments or suggestions  you are willing to share about
brands or models that have been satisfactory or models/features which
should be avoided..
    These machines will be heavily used by the public and should be
sturdy, simple to use and service, and give a good quality printout.
They also need to be coin operated.  Is anyone using the new models
utilizing computer technology?  Are they satisfactory for use with the
general public?
    We currently have 2 Minolta 605Z machines which are about 8 years
old, and 3 Minolta 603Z machines purchased in 1996.  We have been very
satisfied with them except for the automatic load feature on the 603Z.
    Please reply to me off list at jmyler@ci.sat.tx.us    I am
subscribed at home, but the comments need to be accessed at work.
 --
* Jo Myler *