From: Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer [mailto:c_crawfo@CULINARY.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 7:53 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: wire recorder

A friend of mine contacted me yesterday. His sister-in-law has a wire
recording of an interview with her grandmother than they would like to
convert to tape (I'm assuming they don't have the machine to play the
wire recording or they would have used it).

I've already e-mailed one potential source for this privately, but in
case that doesn't work out, does anyone know of someone who could
handle this project?

Apparently I'm the first person he asked about this who didn't say "a
wire *what*? You're making this up, right?"

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive