Edith Ward Hunt

We have in our library a few paintings by Edith Ward Hunt. One is of calla
lilies and another is of roses. We have been trying to find out anything we
can about her, but so far we have learned very little. Our reference
librarian has searched a variety of paper and online indexes and databases
and found very little.

One possible explanation for our acquisition of these paintings is that they
were donated after one of the university buildings burned in 1955. That
building housed the library and many other offices and departments. Film
footage of the new building in 1956 shows some of her paintings on display.
We've been told that the university received countless donations of books,
etc. after the fire.

If you know anything about Edith Ward Hunt or have suggestions on where we
might find more information, we would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks.

Laurie

Laurie Langland
Project Archivist