Re: greeting cards

I'm a little surprised by the more vehement recommendations to discard the
greeting cards without a second look.  Personally, I've processed several
collections containing large numbers of greeting cards, and found
considerable value in their depictions of minorities (particularly Native
Americans and African Americans) and women.  Duke University even has a
collection called the "Card Collection," and I'm sure they are not alone.

Julie Ann Ludwig
Collection Management Archivist
The Gilder Lehrman Collection
105 Madison Avenue, Suite 3B