From: Casey Greene [mailto:cgreene@ROSENBERG-LIBRARY.ORG]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 10:32 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Roses

I try to use the occasion as an instructional opportunity when I am
labeled a librarian.  Librarians don't think in terms of record groups,
subgroups, or series.  We do.  A major difference between archivists and
librarians is that we think according to aggregates, whereas they think
according to discrete units.  It all depends on the mood I am in at the
moment.  On more than one occasion I have become indignant at the mere
mention that archivists are indistinct from librarians.  We have too
many image problems of our own for us to be lumped in with another
profession.