Archivists vs Librarians; Roses; Olympics

>The way I always describe it (unless I'm talking to someone with a
short attention span, in which case I say yeah, I'm like a librarian
only for old stuff) is this: we are a microcosm of this entire library
(J. Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah, in the interest of full
disclosure).  . . .
Right now I'm reeling over the already-beginning onslaught of
Olympic-related questions; I've had three calls already today, one
of them desperate, gotta-do-this-right-NOW!, and it isn't even lunch!
And the games are still over six months away.  Waaah!  Anyone in
one of those nice, quiet, dusty archives that we all hear about want
to change places until about this time next year?
Nah, as my wife (already a committed Olympic volunteer) says,
"it's the experience of a lifetime."  So is heart surgery, I keep telling
her...
Roy Webb, C.A.
Multimedia Archivist
Special Collections
J. Willard Marriott Library
295 South 1500 East
University of Utah
Salt Lake City, Utah   84112
(801) 585-3073  //  fax (801) 585-3976
rwebb@library.utah.edu<

  I wish we had titled this thread a little more specifically as I missed a
lot of messages before finding out about Roses.
  Oh, but Mr. Webb, you are absolutely right about the Olympics, which is
why I took a long ocean voyage in the summer of 1996.

Elizabeth W. Knowlton
Manuscripts Curator
Georgia Dept of Archives and History
Atlanta, GA