Re: Compact Storage

Pat - I got our compact shelving from Spacesaver - i LOVE it.  Pros - you
can store a lot more in any given space - we increased capacity by a factor
of 2.5!   Also, when switching the materials from their old file cabinets
to the new hanging file racks, we used the opportunity to catalog
completely the subject files - the file labels are great & we can see
exactly that for which we're looking.  Cons - you need a step stool to
easily reach the highest shelf, but since we only have hanging file
folders, there's not a safety issue of handling heavy boxes on a rickety
ladder.....  ;->

I've never had a problem with the unit.  It's not that big, so I don't
expect to have many problems, either.  I was told that the chains would
need occasional tightening, but was given a wrench & instructions to do it
myself when necessary.  Being in Alaska, we had to get their special
earthquake-proof model, but it was very price-competitive.  They also have
lots of fun color-combos (we have red shelves!), and the folks in the
Seattle office couldn't have been nicer.  I'm in the process of getting a
second unit for the other side of the area - again, our storage capacity
will be at least doubled!

hope this helps - ttfn - Jill in Alaska  ;->

Jill L Schneider
USGS - Alaska Technical Data Unit
907-786-7457
jschnidr@usgs.gov