Re: what we do (and a good rant)

And make sure you mention the universally spacious work quarters, how easy
it is to stay current with one's workload, the always smooth-as-silk
communications with management, officers and directors who unfailingly yield
to your knowledge of the trade as being superior to theirs, and the
veritable gold mine of never-ending funding and they'll beat the doors down!

I'm grouchy AND tired - approaching my sixtieth hour on duty this week due
to an insane combination of bad timing of events beyond anyone's control,
wonderfully short-sighted management decisions and many of the realities
that I lampoon above.  In the next ten days I have to write our magazine,
scan 120 photographs for a book the boss committed us to producing from our
collections without taking anything else into consideration, make all
preparations for merchandise sales at our convention and keep all the normal
work (information requests, filing, etc.) moving around it all.

Oh, by the way, the powers that be finally approved a badly needed upgrade
of my computer. Of course, after months of postponements it had to be done
right now in order to meet all the deadlines, and the shop that did it made
so many mistakes that nothing is where it should be, only the word processor
and e-mail function correctly, and my Access databases are in limbo because
the nitwits (I'm trying to be polite) at the shop upgraded it to the dreaded
Access 2000 against my orders.

Best wishes (sounds better than AAAUUUUUGHHHHHHHH!)

Thomas Berry, Archivist
Historical Construction Equipment Association
16623 Liberty Hi Road
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Phone 419-352-5616
Fax 419-352-6086
tberry@wcnet.org
http://www.hcea.net

P.S. Found out yesterday that my post convention is cancelled because the
boss decided to change the publication schedule of the magazine.