Contact systems

Dear members,
We have just relocated our library & reader room within a large building. However, our archives are on three other floors. We'd like to keep in touch with our retrieval staff at short notice - who may be in any of the stores when not at their desks. We think a pager may be a good idea. Mobile phones are not allowed in the archives. Does anybody have another practical solution?
Any suggestions welcome.
Keep up the good work
Medwyn Parry
National Monuments Record
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historic Monuments in Wales
Plas Crug
Aberystwyth SY23 1NJ
Tel: 01970 621218  Fax: 01970 627701